2008 Kansas Optometric Foundation/
Kansas Foundation for Vision Awareness Scholarships
Two $1,500 Kansas Optometric Foundation scholarships and two $1,000 Kansas Foundation for Vision Awareness scholarships will be awarded in September 2008. The KOF scholarships will be paid directly to the individuals in one lump sum in September 2008. The Kansas Foundation for Vision Awareness scholarships will also be paid in one lump sum in Fall 2008.
- The applicant must have completed the pre-optometry professional school educational requirements.
- The applicant must be accepted by an accredited school of optometry for the Fall 2008 term or already be enrolled in an accredited school of optometry.
- The applicant must be a resident of the state of Kansas .
- The applicant must agree to practice optometry in the state of Kansas one year for each year he/she receives a scholarship.
- Eligibility is limited to students who are not related to a Kansas Optometric Association member. This includes spouses, sons, daughters, sons-in-law and daughters-in-law.
The same basic application form is used for all of these scholarships.
- Complete the “Application Form.”
- Write short (300 words or less) "Explanation of Interest in Optometry" and attach this sheet to your application.
- Write short (100 words or less) "Need for Scholarship" and attach this sheet to your application.
- Request that applicable transcripts from the following institutions be sent directly to the Kansas Optometric Foundation address.
a. High school
b. College (all)
c. Optometry school (all work completed to date)
- Request that the three interview forms enclosed be completed and sent directly to the Kansas Optometric Foundation by the following individuals:
a. Educator (preferably a school administrator or guidance counselor)
b. Optometrist of applicant's choice
c. Individual of applicant's choice (not a relative)
- Sign the form indicating your intent to practice optometry in Kansas following graduation from optometry school.
Past Scholarship Recipients:
Past scholarship recipients must reapply each consecutive year in order to be considered for continued funding.
If you applied in 2007 for a KOF or Kansas Foundation for Vision Awareness (formerly Auxiliary) scholarship and forwarded us all the documents required at that time, it will not be necessary for you to resubmit the following:
- “Explanation of Interest in Optometry” (300 words)
- High school transcripts
- College transcripts for work 2007 and prior
- Interview forms from:
Individual of applicant's choice (not a relative)
We will simply transfer these documents from your 2007 application to your 2008 application. All you will need to submit is:
- The application form
- A short (100 words or less) explanation of your “Need for Scholarship”
- Transcript from first semester of 2007-2008.
If you wish to apply for these scholarships, please carefully follow the instructions on the “Instruction Sheet” and forward all required documentation no later than August 15, 2008 to:
Kansas Optometric Foundation
1266 SW Topeka Blvd.
Topeka , KS 66612
If you have questions, please call 785-232-0225.
Adobe Acrobat is the most reliable way to share printable documents. Acrobat converts any document into an Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) file, with its original appearance preserved for distribution and printing on any system.